This week, Thursday, January 31st, we’ll focus on TASK#1 in your LinkedIn account… Your personal profile. Your LinkedIn Profile is as integral to your career transition success as your execution of a PERSONAL Marketing Plan. The two work together to create the interactive foundation of your networking efforts. Your profile page should reflect your professional interests, passions, and ambitions at this point in your career. It becomes the core of this high tech, written collateral.
As you proceed, keep your goal in mind…
· Do you want to have that fully optimized, SEO-centric magnet that attracts interested parties TO you? -OR-
· Do you want that terrific, user-friendly home page and profile that is easy for a reader to navigate? -OR-
· Do you want your profile and homepage to be appealing to both?
Be Clear on What You’ve Done, and What You Want to Do…
Whether you are an active job seeker, or simply using LinkedIn to extend the reach of your personal marketing plan, POSITIONING yourself clearly is the epicenter of efficient networking… just as if you were beginning to launch an active JOB search to implement your Personal Marketing Plan!
When listing your past job experiences, use verbs as much as possible. Show what you’re passionate about, and what you’ve learned from each job. Consider listing “non-jobs” you’ve done, like chairing a conference or leading a panel.
Please SHARE this Post with a friend or two that you think may benefit from the information and interaction…
We meet at The Egg and I Restaurant in Addison (NW Quadrant of Montfort and Arapaho), one block east of the Tollway…
Come prepared to work on your LinkedIn profile… Are you at 100%??
YOUR “follow-up HOMEWORK” is to increase your first level contact list on LinkedIn by TEN NEW individuals… and add ONE NEW GROUP to those you have already chosen.
Who should attend Thursday’s workshop?
- Those who might ask… HOW do I get more benefit from my ‘digital footprint?’
- Those seeking a systematic, focused, more predictable way to perform well in their job search;
- “Regulars” who need a ‘booster shot.’… and bring a guest;
- New Comers and tire kickers… this is a great session to supplement your job search effectiveness with!