THIS is what most job seekers call ‘an active job search…’ and is why this is STEP TEN in our Process. On Thursday, December 11th, we’ll focus on telephone skills/ scripting, call reluctance, and appropriate follow-up… all wrapped around your ‘value proposition’ for a specific job and networking your way to the decision-maker. This is a significant re-working of the significant strategies and models for this Core Topic… and a good place for new comers to start with DFWCAREERPILOT.
We meet at The Egg and I Restaurant in Addison, located 1 block east of the Dallas North Tollway. See Map on the right ==>
Research the company/position
- FOLLOW the Company on LinkedIn and use YOUR Network to get more contacts around the decision-maker.
- Research the company web site, looking for information relative to your function and level… a company’s financial and annual reports can provide clues to their stability and market share. Don’t forget directories, trade journals, the “business press,” and databases of articles and other news.
- Ask a friendly recruiter, business acquaintance or stockbroker what they know about the company… and by extension, call people with whom you have networked and ask what they know about the company and/or individual conducting the interview.
- Check with the local Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau.
- Call the company directly; request a sales brochure, annual report or other company information. Companies have to market themselves, too, you know!
Please SHARE this Post with a friend or two that you think may benefit from the information and interaction…
Come prepared to practice your telephone presence. YOUR “PRE-session HOMEWORK” is to increase your first level contact list on LinkedIn by TEN NEW individuals… and add ONE NEW GROUP to those you have already chosen.